Some days you just want a homely, cosy, snuggly kind of breakfast. Porridge can be too heavy for little ones but with this apple pie inspired smoothie you can pack in the healthy oats and fibre – but make it easy peasy for them to drink!
- Cooking Apples x 3
- 30g Breakfast Oats
- 100g Natural Yoghurt
- 100ml Almond Milk
- Honey (to taste)
- Handful of Ice
- Dash of Cinnamon Powder
- You will also need a blender, baking dish and bowl.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Core and chop the apples. Leave the skins on as these are the most nutritious bit and will get blended up smooth and disappear anyway.
- Place in a baking tray with a dash of water and put in the middle of the oven
- Meanwhile pop your oats in the milk to soak and soften
- When the apples are soft (approx. 20-30 minutes) remove them from the oven and leave to cool. You can even do this the night before to save time.
- Put the cooled apples, oat and milk mixture, yoghurt and ice in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Add honey and cinnamon to taste and blend again to incorporate the sweetness
Serve in a cool glass with a big fat straw and watch the kids enjoy a tasty, healthy Apple Pie in a glass!