Some days you just want a homely, cosy, snuggly kind of breakfast. Porridge can be too heavy for little ones but with this apple pie inspired smoothie you can pack in the healthy oats and fibre but make it easy peasy for them to drink!
- Cooking Apples x 3
- 30g Breakfast Oats
- 100g Natural Yoghurt
- 100ml Almond Milk
- Honey (to taste)
- Handful of Ice
- Dash of Cinnamon Powder
- You will also need a blender, baking dish and bowl.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Core and chop the apples. Leave the skins on as these are the most nutritious bit and will get blended up smooth and disappear anyway.
- Place in a baking tray with a dash of water and put in the middle of the oven
- Meanwhile pop your oats in the milk to soak and soften
- When the apples are soft (approx. 20-30 minutes) remove them from the oven and leave to cool. You can even do this the night before to save time.
- Put the cooled apples, oat and milk mixture, yoghurt and ice in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Add honey and cinnamon to taste and blend again to incorporate the sweetness
Serve in a cool glass with a big fat straw and watch the kids enjoy a tasty, healthy Apple Pie in a glass!